Today I have another piece from the summer collection. Probably the most important piece of the collection, the sun hat. For my hair haired fair skinned beauty the sun hat really helps since it's especially difficult to get sunscreen on her hair and face. So I was determined to design a hat that was big enough to cover her face and neck, but still fitted to her head.
So you can get the free pattern HERE
Size: Toddler the finished circumference is 20.5"
You will need
- Pattern Pieces printed out
- 1/2 yard of fabric total (for lining and main but you can do them out of two fabrics if you want)
- 1/2 yard fusible interfacing mid weight (optional)
- 1/2 yard of ribbon (optional)
- Iron (you want to press the seams)
(since I made several hats the pictures are from a few different versions)
Fabric || Black and white stripe || Modern Yardage
Shirt || From this post
Pants || Target