Thursday, September 16, 2010

3 dollar shoes

Do you love shoes??
I do and I have two favorite pairs.


Here they are. Oh the lovelies. So they were not how you would say cheap shoes, but I didn't have kids yet who were sucking away all my shoe funds. (and us Shwins know a thing or two about shoe funds) Needless to say I love a shoe with a little something something, flair, life, attitude. However it seems you always pay big bucks for someone else to add that attitude for you. Well those days are over now. I am going to show you my new 3 dollar pair of shoes.


Do you love them? Do you want to make your own? Here is how I made mine, but you can be creative and do what ever you wish to make your own shoes with your own attitude.


I started with this great little pair of metallic flats I got on clearance at Walmart for 3 dollars. (awesome!)


Then I cut off the bow that was on the toe but I saved the strings. (sorry the picture is way dark)


Then I cut 10 circles out of some lace. (5 for each shoe)


I folded them in half


And in half again


Then I stitched 5 of them together in a circular pattern overlapping each slightly


Then I cut out a circle of corduroy that was about the size of the lace flower I made.


I attached a button to the middle and hot glued the lace flower to the circle.


Then I took the strings that I cut off and using dabs of hot glue I looped them on one side of the circle and then taking heart shapes I cut out of lace I folded them in half and over lapped them on the other side glueing them in place.


Then I used my hot glue gun to attach mini ric rac to the edge of the shoe


I let it dry


Then I attached my flowers and voila! Done! Now my feet are happy again.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for such a great idea! I love shoes with attitude!

    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theese are super cute! I love what you did with the shoes. I have a pair I don't wear because they need an update. I might be doing this soon!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! We love questions just the same, so go ahead and ask away! If you ask a question and your email is linked we will respond to your email, if not we will try to respond in the comments, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...